Chester Racecourse Announces Ladies Day Best Dressed CompetitionPublished on 30 April 2019
A stand-out day in the Chester racing calendar, the much-anticipated Ladies Day fixture will be taking place on Thursday 9th May. Guests are encouraged to top the style stakes, as eye-catching fashion meets the thrill of an afternoon’s racing.
This year, the renowned Best Dressed Competition will be hosted by Official Style Partner, McArthurGlen Cheshire Oaks, and there are a host of luxurious prizes up for grabs for ladies and gentlemen alike. Judged by an expert panel, including top fashion photographer and influencer, Rosie Butcher, two lucky female and male winners will receive the following prizes:
Best-Dressed Ladie's Prize
• A Cheshire Oaks prize package worth over £800. A stylish selection of items from Lulu Guinness, Karen Millen, Thomas Sabo, Furla, Dune and DSquared2.
Best-Dressed Gentleman's Prize
• A Cheshire Oaks prize package worth over £500. A stylish selection of items from Ben Sherman, Suit Direct, Thomas Sabo and DSquared2.
Marketing Manager of McArthur Glen Cheshire Oaks, Joanne Forshaw, comments: “As Official Style Partner for the second consecutive year, we are really excited to be judging the Ladies Day Best Dressed competition once again. The women (and men) of Chester know their style and this year we are looking for individuals who are able to add a touch of personality to the season’s key trends.”
Chester Racecourse announced its official style guide earlier this month, which cites the definitive ‘what to wear’ guide the thousands of racegoers who will descend on the historic Roodee to revel in three days of racing at the Boodles May Festival. Racegoers are encouraged to share their outfit inspiration on social media using the hashtag #RacingReady and tagging @ChesterRaces and @CheshireOaksDesignerOutlet on Instagram.
The Ormonde and Dee Stakes will be the feature races of Ladies Day. For more information click here.
- 2020 Fixtures Announced 6 August 2019 Read more
- Chester Racecourse, a Finalist for Large Tourist Attraction of the Year 1 August 2019 Read more
- Fun for the Whole Family This Weekend at Chester Racecourse 30 July 2019 Read more